MicroApp Challenge is a virtual event where you create and launch a small app focused towards solving one simple problem (hence micro). The first iteration should take a few days to a couple of weeks. To know more click here.
- It gives you a concrete product to work on. You get to understand the front-end (UI/UX), backend to create a complete product end to end.
- By testing, deploying it, you understand issues of hosting, sharing and receiving feedback.
- Our team will look at the completed code and provide you free feedback on how to improve (something you can’t get easily anywhere).
- You start being part of the community of product builders. Product building skills are in high demand compared to mere programming skills.
- You will understand how to take your code and share it on github and understand the open source software community.
In addition to these skill development benefits, we offer you a few token incentives.
- Cash prizes from our sponsors. (10K, 5K, 5K)
- Potential for product internships with a few companies (product internships are virtual and you get paid to build micro-apps and micro-products)
- Potential for contract jobs that you can execute remotely
2 and 3 are special benefits to members who stay in the community and contribute
Our collective experience is in building software products and businesses based on software products. So we wanted these to be starting points. It is easier to focus on a specific area and help people..
Software skills help you find jobs in many industries. Software is becoming an essential component of almost every business. Also learning software helps you achieve another essential skill called Computational Thinking which has several applications in real life.
Product Skills help you take the software skills you learn and produce something that others can use. One of the greatest joys in creating something is seeing it being put to good use. So creating a good, usable product will deliver your skills to the people who need it most in the form of products.
Entrepreneur skills are useful whether you are an entrepreneur or not. These skills help you identify problems, finding solutions,and implement these solutions. But that is not enough. The world needs to know that you and your solution exists. So marketing and sales are essential skills. Learning how to market/sell your product or service helps you understand the problems better and help people more effectively.